I just now signed on to my workstation. Opend a 5250 session, and did nothing
but run the stripped QSH script. First message appears on QSYSOPR. Second
throws MCH3601. Maybe the PTFs that were downloaded need to be applied. Do
you have those PTFs on your system? I don't know where the downloaded PTFs
went. I wanted to look at the cover letters to see if they could be applied
immediate or not.

Apologize for what looks like multiple posts. I waited over an hour and did not
see my first post. Thought I had messed up. Then, an hour later, both popped
up.

John McKee

Quoting Scott Klement <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Interesting. I don't get an errors when I run this script... tried it
many times. I'm stumped.

Are you sure you get this when you haven't run the rest of the script?
Have you signed off & back on again to make sure the old script is gone
from memory?

John McKee wrote:
In this case, since the processing within the loop completed, I could track it
somewhat.

To investigate it deeper, I copied the script and gutted everything but the
first and last function call. When the second function call is hit, I get the
MCH. Doesn't matter if the first call is run or not.

Here is the stripped down code:

#!/bin/sh

function log_sysopr() {
doubledquotes="${1//'/''}"
cmd=$(printf "CALL QMHSNDM (CPF9897 'QCPFMSG *LIBL' '%s' \
x'%08x' *INFO *SYSOPR x'00000001' ' ' x'00000000' \
x'00000000')" "$doubledquotes" ${#doubledquotes})
system "$cmd"
}

log_sysopr "SPBAHCNCL - Starting sFTP file retrieval"

log_sysopr "SPBAHCNCL - Ending sFTP file retrieval"

If the second message was longer, I could maybe understand why it is a
problem.

John McKee

Quoting rob@xxxxxxxxx:

How do you tell WHERE it threw the MCH3601? By the echo's?

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108
6928N 400E