From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of M. Lazarus
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 5:13 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: open source IBM i. was Re: From RGP to ¿Java ?

Sharon,

I'm not arguing that a GUI is necessarily
better. I tend to agree with you when heavy data
entry is required. BUT, the decision makers want
pretty screens, not old looking screens. There
is also another advantage to a GUI. It tends to
be more user friendly for novices, so there is
often less training if your shop has a lot of turnover or often uses temps.

-mark