I am trying to snuff a B side IPL issue where I get a B600 0901 (link loader failure) error. So i decided to reinstall LIC/OS.

The first attempt was just a manual IPL to the A side (the side that runs). I took the option to install the operating system and after an hour or so had completed the install of the OS. I then moved on to install the latest CUME taking the option to install a PTF package. When I run that procedure I see the following:

"There is at least one temporarily applied fix for Licensed Internal Code
(LIC) on your system. If one of these fixes is superseded by a fix that
you are trying to install, some or all of the Licensed Internal Code
fixes will not install.

In order to ensure that the PTF installation will not fail because of a
superseded PTF, press F10 and restart the installation from the B
storage area.

Press F6 to continue with the installation.
Press F10 to stop the installation and to do an automatic IPL from
the B storage area."

OK. So, fingers crossed, I press F10. It IPL's to B and chokes with a B600 0901 error again.

Next I try a manual "D" IPL. Taking the option to load the LIC. Load completes and I manually step through the IPL, skipping the PTF apply option. Then I go to load the CUME and get the same message: It wants me to apply the temp PTF's before I run the PTF package install. If IPL to the "B" side, it is still hosed up.

So I obviously don't understand what I am doing. Do I need to permanently apply all PTF's on the A side in order to re-install the CUME? Isn't there a danger in doing that? Somehow I thought the re-install of the LIC/OS would "wipe out" the aborted CUME install from before and allow me to start from scratch.

And, as a reminder if you aren't following the thread: The original CUME install crashed when blade crashed. Since then I cannot IPL to the B side. Re-installing was the supposed solution but I must not be doing it correctly because I am making no progress.

What am I missing?

Pete