From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John McKee
Sent: 08 May 2009 21:09
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: QSH setting a variable

This is so stupid. I can generate a list of files and retrieve that list of
files just fine. But, for each file I rertieve using sftp, I need to
send the
content through the CPYFRMIMPF command.

My thinking was that all i needed to do was this:

eval syscmd = 'CPYFRMIMPF FRMSTMF($i) TOFILS(X).....'
system $syscmd

The above is not working. I put in echo $syscmd, and I see nothing.

The $i is being set by a for loop. It is being populated. I trued not using
eval as well. Tried including export syscmd. Just not seeing
anything for the
command.

Gotta be something wrong. Something obvious.

John McKee

This electronic message contains information that is confidential and
may be privileged. This electronic message is intended for the use
of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended addressee, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
message is prohibited and may be unlawful. Disclosure to any party
other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise is not
intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.

Although this electronic message and any attachments are believed to
be free from any virus or other defect which might affect any system
into which they are received or upon which they are opened, it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free
and to check that they will not adversely affect its systems and
data. No responsibility is accepted by Northern Foods PLC (or any
member of its group) for any loss or damage arising in any way from
their receipt, opening or use.

Northern Foods Plc is registered in England with company number
471864. Registered office: 2180 Century Way, Thorpe Park, Leeds LS15
8ZB.