Bob,

The policy may be one of the last nails in the coffin, but you have to keep
in mind that IBM's lack of interest in the box isn't helping it grow in the
market place at all. Now, if this box were as well known, marketed and used
in the real world like, oh, say Oracle, then maybe you'd have the 45,000
attendees that Oracle has it it's conference...

But no, IBM is content to manage the decline of this box and force the world
into lesser machines that it can milk for higher services fees and everyone
just wanders along like lemmings over the cliff...

Add to this that there are, at least in N.America, perhaps more education
conferences than there is demand. Not intending on toe stepping here, but
there's A LOT of week long conferences in N.America on this product
line...and not many of them are growing either.

And, yes, the economy isn't helping...neither is the attrition rate of the
box, company priorities in other directions other than "I" due to
application design demands...etc...

Isn't there a COMMON list for this kind of discourse??

DR2