De : midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de rob@xxxxxxxxx
Envoyé : jeudi 30 avril 2009 14:46
À : Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Objet : Re: Library attribute TEST or PROD

Illuminating on Martin's comments, I really see so fruitful
reason to make program libraries TEST vs PROD. That should
really only apply to data libraries.

While many people change STRDBG to UPDPROD(*YES) I wonder if
they would be better served if there was a common security
module used by most programs in the application (much like
BPCS SYS* family of programs) that would say "Oh, STRDBG is
active, let's retrieve information about a particular file
and if the library it's in is Production then tell it to
abort, if debug is not active and it's a Test library then abort."

What problem are you trying to solve? A standard way of
determining if a library is a "program" library versus a
"data" library? Now, let's take that a step further, what
are you going to do based on that information?

That's important information, but even if we do jump ahead,
if all of your data libraries have a standard file in them
you can always do something like this:
Select SYSTEM_TABLE_SCHEMA, SYSTEM_TABLE_NAME,
QCMDEXC('SAVLIB ' || SYSTEM_TABLE_SCHEMA || '
DEV(TAP01)') FROM SYSTABLES WHERE SYSTEM_TABLE_NAME='IIM'

Where you can build a UDF or User Defined Function, that will
call QCMDEXC passing it a command. We have, but not for this purpose.

Every system at V3R1 and above has SYSTABLES on it. It's in
QSYS2. And I forget what ancient release started putting
QSYS2 in QSYSLIBL library list.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108