Illuminating on Martin's comments, I really see so fruitful reason to make
program libraries TEST vs PROD. That should really only apply to data
libraries.

While many people change STRDBG to UPDPROD(*YES) I wonder if they would be
better served if there was a common security module used by most programs
in the application (much like BPCS SYS* family of programs) that would say
"Oh, STRDBG is active, let's retrieve information about a particular file
and if the library it's in is Production then tell it to abort, if debug
is not active and it's a Test library then abort."

What problem are you trying to solve? A standard way of determining if a
library is a "program" library versus a "data" library? Now, let's take
that a step further, what are you going to do based on that information?

That's important information, but even if we do jump ahead, if all of your
data libraries have a standard file in them you can always do something
like this:
Select SYSTEM_TABLE_SCHEMA, SYSTEM_TABLE_NAME,
QCMDEXC('SAVLIB ' || SYSTEM_TABLE_SCHEMA || ' DEV(TAP01)')
FROM SYSTABLES
WHERE SYSTEM_TABLE_NAME='IIM'

Where you can build a UDF or User Defined Function, that will call QCMDEXC
passing it a command. We have, but not for this purpose.

Every system at V3R1 and above has SYSTABLES on it. It's in QSYS2. And I
forget what ancient release started putting QSYS2 in QSYSLIBL library
list.