BPCS vendor does not have one contract for everyone that is the same.

Once upon a time we were current on SSA (before Infor) maintenance.
We wanted to move to another box. They wanted us to pay $ 50,000.00 for the
software license key to unlock BPCS to work on the new box. The company
fought them for 6 months to bring that price down, before we did get the
replacement box, and we had to get help from IBM.

I believe they operate on the basis of their vision of whether or not the
customer has deep pockets. They charge what they think they can get away
with. A company with deep pockets pays the cost of doing business, and
moves on with their lives. A company without deep pockets, or one for which
some principles are more important than moving on with the business, fights
them tooth and nail.

We have had multiple such fights.

Later they increased the annual fee for maintenance from $15,000 to $ 25,000
& at that point we looked into alternative sources for BPCS tech support &
moved to a MUCH cheaper solution, with support service considerably superior
to what we had been getting for all users except I no longer had access to
the OSG data base (I had been the only employee using it).

During a conversion of BPCS from lower version to 405CD, we started at
security level 40, but the conversion effort kept crashing, until we lowered
security to level 30. I now believe the problem was with the SSA conversion
software, but at the time we thought it was with BPCS.

There's a security upgrade needed for 405 CD that our company has not
invested the time & $ for. So long as the only users are internal
employees, the security risk is much lower than if you have a system where
people can get at your system from the Internet.

-
Al Mac