IBM has stated they are fixing the QFileSvr.400 size limitation in
V6R1 via a PTF. The CAAC brought this up to IBM during one of our
requirements meeting last year, and IBM developed a fix for this. They said
it was too difficult to retrofit back to V5R4, but had created a fix for
V6R1. I use QFileSvr.400 all the time to move images around between
machines and LPARs at my clients. The CAAC and IBM have done a great job in
putting through a lot of requirements that the COMMON members have put
forth. V6R1 is filled with resolutions to requirements that have been put
through the requirement process. I know there will also be a booth at the
upcoming COMMON conference where people can write up their requirements to
COMMON & CAAC. It has really been great working with Steve Will and Guy
Havelick in getting IBM to address our concerns.

It's also easier to save an Image catalogue in V6R1 than it was in
V5R4, as there is some more information in the IFS directory so that when
you restore the directory you don't have to re-add the images to the IMGCAT
any longer.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions