Anybody (besides me) notice that when you VFYIMGCLG all the images get the
ALWSAV attribute turned OFF.

I did this:

Build the catalog on system "A".
CHGATR ALWSAV(*YES) for the entire tree '/i5os'
VFYIMGCLG for the i5OS media to be sure it's a good one.
VFYIMGCLG for the PTF media to be sure it's a good one.
SAV ..... '/i5os' to tape so I can restore it on System "B".

Find there isn't anything on the tape!!

Checking the ALWSAV attribute it's not OFF.

So I turned it on. Verified it was on. Re-ran VFYIMGCLG. Now it's back
off.

THANKS IBM. (Grrr.) BUT at least I found it while SAVING the files and
not while RESTORING (or not) them.

- Larry
Larry Bolhuis IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert:
Vice President System i Solutions
Arbor Solutions, Inc. IBM Certified Systems Expert:
1345 Monroe NW Suite 259 System i Technical Design and Implementation
V6R1
Grand Rapids, MI 49505
(616) 451-2500
(616) 451-2571 - Fax
(616) 260-4746 - Cell
If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English,
thank a soldier.