I was just curious as to the size of the thing.

Word went out last week that the system at work would be down for cache battery
replacement. I remember reading where users had replaced it and also where CE
had to muscle it as it had enlarged. Which just clouds things more - as why
would a 520 need to be shut down if it can be replaced concurrent? Data safety
maybe - like just in case something nasty happens?

John McKee

Quoting Chuck Lewis <chuck.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Should have posted this yesterday John and I could have taken a picture
of the two we replaced last night :-)

And yes it would be user replaceable but you need to follow directions
carefully. Ours were DEAD but the last time they were not and cache had
to be flushed. There is stuff to do that in Service Tools but MAN was it
cryptic (we are on V5R2 I hear it's a lot better on latter releases and
also they can be done concurrent..

So I've not been much help...

Chuck