Michael Ryan wrote:
I'm using QEZSNDMG to send a break message to a user profile.
Seems pretty slow. Anyone have a better way? A message would be
sent to 1 or several users. Thanks!

It was unstated how the API is being invoked. Different code paths might have different performance characteristics. As part of /Operational Assist/ feature, the user interface is influenced by the ASTLVL() [Assistance Level] of the user invoking the function.

Often the more /usable/ invocations are /slower/ than the invocations which do not require hand-holding; e.g. IIRC, the WRKSPLF ASTLVL(*BASIC) can be horribly slow as compared to using ASTLVL(*BASIC). Thus the performance could be improved [for whatever is the invocation of QEZSNDMG being used], after issuing CHGPRF ASTLVL(*EXPERT) [per its not being a parameter to the API itself, not as I recall anyhow].

Regards, Chuck