Hi, thanks for the advice,

CHGIPLA, and Start a Service Tool / Control Panel Functions are both
ways to achieve this.

There is no Control Panel Functions is SST (there is in DST but i cant get there as i cant get the box into Manual) I don know if this is different at higher levels of OS I cant remember, and this one is running V5R1.

If you run CHGIPLA (F4) you still cant change the front panel options unless the key is inserted, see below:

Specifies the keylock position. A change to this
attribute takes effect immediately. The following
restrictions apply when the keylock position is being
changed:
o The keylock position cannot be set to MANUAL for
security reasons.
o If the keylock position is currently SECURE, the
keylock position cannot be changed.
o If the system has a keylock and the key is not
inserted, the keylock position cannot be changed.

while doing PWRDNSYS you will get an option to make the IPL as Manual.

Try it!

The option to change from Normal to Manual is not in the PWRDWNSYS menu, once again this may be different in other versions of the OS (not sure that it is).

NB: I am signed into the OS and SST as QSECOFR

25GB of FREE Online Storage – Find out more
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/134665320/direct/01/