Thanks for the help. My mind went blank when I went to do this over the
weekend in "crisis" mode. Once I could think straight yesterday, I
remembered what I did to get in. Had nothing to do with the release
upgrade.

Dave
-----midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote: -----

> I upgraded our HMC to 7.3.4 this past week. Now I can not open
> a 5250 console when I come in via the HMC remote access (Web).
> The option to open the dedicated 5250 is only available at the
> HMC screen on the physical box. I could have sworn I could do
> this before from my desk. Is this a change or am I missing
> something? Dave

There is no way to open a 5250 console session from the web interface
(this works only when you are running the interface locally on the HMC
itself).
Like Kirk said, check that the HMC internal firewall accepts the 5250
telnet flow on port 2300 (and 2301 for ssl connections). You have also
to enable "remote virtual terminal" and last, you have to create on
your desktop a 5250 telnet session connecting to the HMC through the
port 2300 (or 2301 if using ssl).
If you are using iSeries Access as a 5250 software, further information
here:
http://www-
912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/82a337f562831d2986256839005c83c7/37396cfd
67d5ef5886256f01000bda50?OpenDocument

(or http://tinyurl.com/df6gvy)

--
Cordialement
Marc Rauzier

NOTICE - This e-mail message is intended only for use by the addressee(s)
named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender by e-mail or telephone and delete the
original and all copies of this message immediately.
www.ephratanationalbank.com