From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jerry Adams
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2009 8:38 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Re: CPC1116 Cannot signon even from console - please help

Zvi,

It has been ages (V3 something). The thing I do remember is that we used
DST to change the password for QSecofr.

However, your problem seemed to be related to the QSTRTUP program not being
available at IPL. Is that correct? If yes, changing QSecofr's password
isn't going to gain you anything. I do not see anything in the V5R4 Info
Center about DST that would allow you to change system values so, unless I'm
just missing it.

If the error message allows for an 'I' response, you might try that.

If not, there is (in V5R4, don't know how far back it goes) an option to
change system values during an IPL. Never done this, but if it is possible
do enter this mode when bringing a dead machine up, it would have to be
during a 'M'anual mode IPL. Check out the Info Center for V4R5.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
--
B&W Wholesale