You need to use the escape character to prevent the blank from being interpreted
as having special meaning. Thus, your command would be:

/QShell/scriptname.qsh "File_Name.txt" "/ftp/Path\ Name/File_Name.txt.zip"
"/tmp"

John McKee

Quoting Jim Essinger <dilbernator@xxxxxxxxx>:

Qshell gurus,

I am running a script that has the following commands;

cd $3
jar cfM $2 $1

i am using the following CL command to execute the script;

QSH CMD(&COMMAND)

The variable command contains this value;

/QShell/scriptname.qsh "File_Name.txt" "/ftp/Path Name/File_Name.txt.zip"
"/tmp"

The intent is that the script will change the directory to "/tmp" and then
the jar utility will place "File_Name.txt" into a compressed archive file
called "File_Name.txt.zip" in the subdirectory of "/ftp" called "/Path
Name".

What I get is a archive file named "Path" in the subdirectory "/ftp".

Question is - how can I get the jar command in the script to recognize that
"/ftp/Path Name" is a path, ignoring the white space? I am trying to get
the utliity that I am writing to support path names that may include those
white spaces. Any thought or suggestions? I have tried no quotes, single
quotes and double quotes for the three parms being passed to the script.

Thanks!

Jim