From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Massiello
Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 12:22 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: I/O Battery cache replacement problems

Since you are SO FAR behind in your FSP code (from your first email about
not updating anything like i5/OS, PTFs, FSP, and HMC) you will have a
problem going from a lower level directly up to the 240 code stream. You
need to find out what level you are at, and if you are at something really
old like 225, then you should upgrade to an intermediate level before going
to 240. Be careful, because if your FSP is OS Managed (which is the wrong
setting with an HMC), and you are back on the 225 code level, you should NOT
put the latest cumulative PTFs on until you do the intermediate FSP update.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions
http://www.itechsol.com