Agreed as well. Also note that netbooks that come with Windows almost always
come with the Home version. A quick scan of Newegg shows two netbooks with
Vista Business but they cost as much as a mainstream notebook ($700+).

IBM does not show the Home versions of Windows (XP or Vista) as supported (
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/windows/supportedos.html)
for System i Access. So while it will likely work (unless it does OS
detection), IBM won't necessarily support you if you have problems.

Of course, just using a terminal emulator like Mochasoft would be fine.

Personally I'm considering a netbook to keep in the family room for looking
up things when links are presented on TV. I never jot down the links to
reference later so having something right there might be useful. I don't
want to use my work notebook as 1. it's a D830 and is a little large & heavy
and 2. I believe in segregating work & personal usage and really try to do
personal surfing on my own equipment.

And with Foxmarks my bookmarks are kept in sync across all of my machines so
if I find something interesting I can read it later on a larger screen with
a more comfortable keyboard.