From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Evan Harris
Sent: Friday, January 16, 2009 3:21 PM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: RE: Load Source Migration

Hi Chris

I'd allow an hour or so for the migrate, but it will probably take less
than that - depends on the controller more than anything else in my
experience.

You can *ENDALC on the load source drive - from what I understand you'll
end up with just the LIC on there. I had an IBM engineer tell me this
was OK.

As to the Load source migration, will you physically relocate the drive
after it is migrated ? If not, is the position of the disk you are
migrating to a valid Load Source position ? I've had the Load Source
position bite me at least once on a 520 migration.

Hope this helps. It always pays to have a good book handy when working
with disks.

Regards
Evan Harris