From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: 10 January 2009 21:22
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: 's400.access.ObjectDoesNotExistException

The fact that it has the truncation could mean a few things. If it is
just an aberration, perhaps something getting truncated in the stack
trace and it REALLY is a 'as400.access.ObjectDoesNotExistException" then
what you say would be the plausible solution Vern. Not a program
problem but an environment/data issue where the Java program DID expect
to still have an object and it is not longer in the LIBL. If I was a
betting man, I'd put my money there.

But it *could" be some kind of typo in the code that hasn't been hit
before. Something like:

throw new
ObjectDoesNotExistException("s400.access.ObjectDoesNotExistException")
But that would be unlikely because such code would be unnecessary under
most conditions.

That is a peculiar error though. I would expected the message to read
'com.ibm.as400.access.ObjectDoesNotExistException'. How it "lost" the
first 9 characters is a mystery

Pete

Vern Hamberg wrote:
This might belong in the java list, but this smacks of a library list
issue. ObjectDoesNotExistException sounds a lot like "object not found"
- this is almost always the problem when an interactive call works and a
batch doesn't - server jobs rarely have the same library list as
interactive ones, which use a whole different job description.

HTH
Vern

Dave Murvin wrote:

Hello,

We just had a production error occur and we have not been able to
pinpoint the cause. This is a Java application that calls an RPGLE
program via the toolbox. When I run the program manually in green
screen mode, it works okay. The error we see returned is
's400.access.ObjectDoesNotExistException.

We do not believe that anyone has changed anything, but no one in the
shipping department can ship anything. I would have thought that the
error would start with as400.access...

Any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave