you can't because its a PC application that prints shipping labels and some other things.
The updates are actually not so frequent but they do occur. It's a kind of complicated situation but sometimes Sales will discount an item on the i, while the shipping is working. So then I have to tell them to refresh. It would be better obviously to be in sync.

Alot of people are suggesting that this is a Business Process flow issue. You are right but this framework is not going to change so I am merely trying to improve on what I have.

________________________________
From: Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 2, 2009 8:18:35 AM
Subject: Re: Use of the IFS

First off, your problem isn't that the data is being transferred, the
problem is that the data exists in two places; in the i as a DB file
and as a PC stream file.

Having the stream file version on the i isn't going to do a whole lot
for you IMHO.

What data is the warehouse modifing/adding from the PC and what
application is being used to do it?

Have you looked at getting rid of the requirement for the stream file
version completly and just providing the user with a way to modify the
data in the i DB file as needed?

Charles