and PF2
MYKEY SOMECHAR
3 x
4 y

And your LF looked like this
R PFR PFILE(PF)
K MYKEY

and had these members:
ADDLFM FILE(ROB/LF) MBR(LFALL) DTAMBRS((ROB/PF (PF1 PF2)))

And had this data
runqry qryfile(rob/lf)
MYKEY SOMECHAR
1 duh
2 yo
3 x
4 y

Would there be something in an RPGLE File information data structure that
would return the PF member associated with a record read from the LF? I
doubt it.

Repeat after me: "Multiple member files suck. If someone insists that I
use a multiple member file then I will put the member name as a column in
every row in the table. For example:
R PFR
MYKEY 2B 0
SOMECHAR 5A
becomes
R PFR
MEMBER 10A
MYKEY 2B 0
SOMECHAR 5A
</QUOTE>

I don't suppose there's a way to add a UDF in LF-DDS to compute and
display the member name?

And, who would have thought that Query/400 would support "partitioned
tables"?
RUNQRY QRYFILE((ROB/PF *ALL))
QRY1613 - Input file PF in ROB must be partitioned table when member is
*ALL.