Hi List

Our clients billing software uses a number of multi-member files to
store invoice printing data that is exported to a bureau for the actual
printing of the invoices.

I am currently working on an issue and need to find which member of a
particular file a specific invoice is in, but as PDM is not installed on
the production server I cannot use the FNDSTRPDM command as I would
normally.

I thought about copying each member in turn to a spool file and then
searching each spool file in turn, but the file has 285 members,
totalling 19.1GB in size, which makes that option a bit of a chore.

Similarly using SQL and having to create an alias for each member in
turn makes that a bit of a chore also.

I tried using Grep through Qshell, but that only seems to work with IFS
and Source Physical Files and not "ordinary" multi-member files.

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can find the member containing the
invoice number? As it's a clients production machine I don't have
access to compilers, etc, to write any programs.

Thanks in advance

Jonathan

Jonathan Mason
iSeries Consultant
www.astradyne-uk.com

This message was sent using NOCC v1.14 webmail software