Arrghh. I meant to post the text of the PMR so far:

****** FI 1610 New Call Format Insert ******
Operating System with Version/Release: os400 610
Product with Version/Release: base
Is the product bundled? No
If yes, what product is the it bundled with?na
Usage or Defect (zSeries Only): Non-zSeries Request

Prob. Description:

cust is unable to sign on to machine.

****** End of Format Insert ******
MAIN : i5/OS / iSeries / AS/400 - Keyword Search
MASTER : Single Sign On (SSO)
EWS : Saturday-Sunday
EWSSS : 7am - 5pm CST
RESULT ==> : EWWKND,163
________________________-08/12/13-14:20--AL____________________________
________________________-08/12/13-16:32--AL____________________________
________________________-08/12/13-16:32--AL____________________________
________________________-08/12/13-16:32--CR____________________________

CUSTOMER REP: Jeffrey Crosby
PROBLEM: Customer is trying to get a 5250 session and they fail.
They just upgraded from R540 to R610 last night.
ACTION TAKEN: On his console, had him look at the status of the
IFC and the IFC was Inactive. The line was Active
but TCP wouldn't start. Had him STRTCP and it failed
with msgTCP9535. He says that he doesn't use filters.
On similar ones, they had customer do RMVTCPTBL.
So I had this customer RMVTCPTBL. Then he was able
to start TCP.

But, now POP and DNS weren't starting. So started with
DNS. He was getting msgDNS9004, also saw an error that
didn't have a msg ID. Similar to PMR 47114,122,000.

Customer was seeing:
*NONE Diagnostic 12/13/08 QP2USER2 QSYS *STMT QP2USER QSYS *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : QP2MSG
From procedure . . . . . . : __Qp2_QMHSNDPM
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 90
To module . . . . . . . . . : QP2USER
To procedure . . . . . . . : Qp2RunPase
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 3
Message : named[934]: /QIBM/UserData/OS400/DNS/NS/named.conf:6:
unknown key 'rndc-key'

Saw that he didn't have a rndc-key._KID file in
/QIBM/Userdata/OS400/DNS/......

Had him run CRTRNDCCFG AUTOCFG(*YES)
and it created the file in
/qibm/UserData/OS400/dns/_DYN/
checked the Authority an QTCP had *RWX.
Tried to Start DNS again and it still failed
with the issue with the 'rndc-key'.

So, had customer go to
/QIBM/UserData/OS400/DNS/NS/named.conf
and comment out the following:
# controls {
# inet 127.0.0.1 port 953 allow { 127.0.0.1; } keys { "rndc-key"; };
# inet ::1 port 953 allow { ::1; } keys { "rndc-key"; };
# };

Then he was able to start DNS. Also he was able to then
start pop since pop was probably doing a lookup on itself
when it failed earlier.

Customer was going to reboot the i5 and then call back if
he had any other problems.

ACTION PLAN: Customer said to leave open to Monday and then CC W/CC
if he doesn't call back.