I remember when doing my V5R4 upgrade that I could not VFYIMGCLG until I had accepted all of the software agreements for the install/upgrade. I
thought that was very odd considering that I was using that very same image catalog to select the media TO install and that was what was driving the
software agreements.

Definitely make sure that you get a successful verify image catalog. I remember getting everything setup on one of my servers, but noticed some info
regarding a ptf file that supposedly was needed to ensure optical images used for *UPGRADE would succeed. This is of course after I had successfully
loaded 2 other servers with image catalogs already. Well I installed that ptf and had to IPL, after the IPL I then had two images of the very same
optical disk that I had loaded into the catalog which caused the verify to fail. I had these two images because my internal DVD drive "died" halfway
through the image catalog creation and I had to go back and continue loading them from another DVD drive from another shared resource. So I reloaded
that image thinking that it was corrupted, couldn't find the original duplicate to delete until after the IPL. I had already successfully verified
the image catalog but now magically I had that corrupted image back in my image catalog and it wouldn't allow the image catalog to verify after the
IPL, it took me a good 30 minutes to figure that one out as I was digging around during the automated upgrade, in between the times I was pulling my
hair out. It hung up at verifying the image, and I didn't catch it because I had already successfully verified the image and kicked it off thinking
"this thing wont be done for a few hours, I'll come back and look at it later." Thankfully I checked on it as quick as I did.

Bill Epperson Jr.
Systems Communications Analyst
Memorial Health System
(719) 365-8831

Jerry Adams <Jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent by: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx To
cc
12/09/2008 01:58 PM
Subject
RE: VFYIMGCLG Parameter
Please respond to
Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I vaguely recall that when I did the 5.4 upgrade for i5/OS and related software. But I'm not doing a *release* upgrade; just a *product* (or licensed
program) upgrade of Client Access (v6r1 - IBM System i Access Family Refresh). Would it be necessary to accept the software agreement in this case?
It didn't when I did the VFYIMGCLG TYPE(*Other) (as I explained earlier). I fully expect to need new license keys, but even that may not be
necessary.

I went through the InfoCenter, but nearly all of the documentation in the "i5/OS and related software" section refer to installs where i5/OS itself is
being upgraded. Except the section regarding "Option 11. Install Licensed Programs." You've certainly been through this more times than I, Rob, and
no doubt have the scars to prove it. But for a product-only I've always either used this option or the RSTLICPGM command for a new product install.
If I'm going about this product update all wrong, or there's simply a better way, I would appreciate knowing about it. Heck, I can't remember the
last time I *had* to do something like this (could have been yesterday; the gray cells are oozing through the scalp and dying my hair).

Also, to answer Jeff's earlier question about "Can you do that?" (i.e., install Access 6.1 on i5/OS 5.4), the answer is 'Yes'.
www-03.ibm.com/systems/i/software/access/caorder.html says so, anyway. But it must be the Refresh version, Jeff. Although the package that I got
referenced this site "for installation instructions" the only instructions that I have found are for the client-side piece.

Jerry C. Adams
IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale
office: 615-995-7024