Hello all,

A recomendation -
It is just a recomendation

Fix the underlying table by modifying it
(even if you have millions and millions of records)

A good example and a great opportunity to run the CHGPF and/or SQL ALTER
Table.
A new numeric field can be added to compensate for the 'non-unique
values".

* * *

Data fields
,,,
Date
Time
(Date + Time) or (Timestamp)
and other Data fields
,,, etc

Extended by a numeric field

* * *

Say a Date/time stamp is the desired key field
an extension of a numeric field say five(or ten or twenty ... ) digits no
decimal positions
Please consider the volume of your data end processor speed.
What are thechances of writting thousands of records at the very same
instance of thesame second!

So we have a time stamp field or a number of date/time fields extended by
a numeric.

The trigger program in the before image can check for the existance or non
existance of the desired record and
based on the existence, unique values to the extended field can be
sssigned

The old tables can still be used via views with the same record format
The Old physical file can be referenced as a "ew view"
The new Physical file has the structure to avoid duplicates

I hope this helps

Jorge Moreno