The client-side of System i Access 6.1 has three different images; one each for 32-bit processors, AMD 64-bit processors, and Intel 64-bit processors. The instructions in the DVD package says to determine the processor by right-clicking on the "My Computer" icon and getting the processor from the 'General' tab. I did that, and my PC says "AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000+" which, to me, says "I'm a 64-bit processor."

So, when I went to upgrade my V5R4 client version I, naturally, picked the setup.exe in the Image64a folder. However, the install said something like, "Are you pulling my leg or what?" So I elected to use the Image32 version. Installed and everything seems to be working. System i Navigator (they even changed the change in the title bar and other places I've looked, btw) says it is V6R1 and Operations Console says that it, too, is running V6R1.

I am running XP Pro at SP 3. I checked and it is the 32-bit version.

So my question is, is it really the processor or Windows version that matters when installing System i Access for Windows?

Jerry C. Adams
IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale
office: 615-995-7024