That one is good but we are already using the attention key. We use
MAPICS and that is how clients access what we call a GROUP JOB MENU...

We can't use the attention key.

PETER VIDAL
MAPICS IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM / SR SYSTEM ANALYST
10540 Ridge Rd., Suite 203, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5111
Tel:727-849-9999, x2414 Fax:727-815-3120
WWW.PALL.COM

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is
invisible to the eye."
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Alan Shore <AlanShore@xxxxxxxx>
12/03/2008 02:23 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: STRCPYSCN command

Hi peter
you might want to look at this web page
http://systeminetwork.com/article/grab-data-screen

that uses the api QsnReadScr

It might prove beneficial

Alan Shore
Programmer/Analyst, Distribution
E:AShore@xxxxxxxxxxx
P:(631) 200-5019
C:(631) 880-8640
"If you're going through Hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

Peter_Vidal@pall.
com
Sent by: To

midrange-l-bounce Midrange Systems Technical
s@xxxxxxxxxxxx Discussion
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

12/03/2008 02:07
PM Subject

Re: STRCPYSCN command

Please respond to
Midrange Systems
Technical
Discussion
<midrange-l@midra
nge.com>

"what are you hoping to accomplish?"

Hi Alan:

I am in a service desk support team and our number of clients has
incremented dramatically in the last year. We need to document the issues
accurately and I found this command. I am looking for more automated ways
to document issues and understand what type of problems the users are
facing at any given time.

So far, I see the fact of having one screen behind is not too beneficial
but there are work arounds. I just want to see the impressions of the
community about this.

By the way, I also like it because is free... :o)

Regards,

PETER VIDAL
MAPICS IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM / SR SYSTEM ANALYST
10540 Ridge Rd., Suite 203, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5111
Tel:727-849-9999, x2414 Fax:727-815-3120
WWW.PALL.COM

"Any man who understands his own foolishness is already a little wise."
Jewish Proverb

Attention:

This communication may contain information that is confidential,
privileged and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and delete the original, all attachments, and all
copies of this communication.