Jerry,

I wouldn't autostart after a power outage. Prior to generator days we
could have an extensive power outage that would drain the UPS. Seems that
on an extended outage the odds of up/down/up/down of the power when it
starts to come back is pretty high. Starting the system, on drained
batteries, with a high probability of failure is not my idea of a good
time. (Gimli, I'm not.)

I'm also a big fan of CHGJOBSCDE RCYACN(*NOSBM). You have to understand
the ramifications but if my system has been down for 12 hours I really
don't want the backup kicking off and ending active jobs immediately after
IPL is complete.
Or, if it's been down for >24 do you really want two back to back saves?