Luis,

Thanks

john

-----Original Message-----
From: Luis Rodriguez [mailto:luis.rodriguez2@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 2:10 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: How can I easily enable/disable remote access
by User

John,

Check out Easy400's site (www.easy400.net). They have some
free utilities (with source code) that allows you to easily
secure some TCP protocols, such as TCP and/or TELNET.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez

IBM Certified Systems Expert
eServer i5 iSeries Technical Solutions

--- On Mon, 11/10/08, midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx
<midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Forwarded Message: RE: How can I easily enable/disable
remote access by User RE: How can I easily enable/disable
remote access by UserMonday, November 10, 2008 12:54 PMFrom:
"John Allen" <>To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'"
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

We want to allow only secure telnet session to connect and
not allow unsecure telnet on port 23. I looked on the
telnet
config and can see where you can allow secure telnet but I
don't see any place to not allow unsecure telnet. I
currently have a exit point registered where I am tracking
who is not connecting secure and could just reject the
non-secure using the exit point, or have our network group
block port 23 traffic for us or use the iSeries firewall
block port 23. Is there another option I have not found?

At times we want to restrict certain Users from access the
System i from remote location. But while they are in the
office they can access the System i.

So I can't ask the employee to let me know when they
are
leaving the office, then go in and disable their User
Profile (they can work later then me). I would also have
make sure I enabled it before they came in in the morning
(they may come in before me).