John,

Check out Easy400's site (www.easy400.net). They have some free utilities (with source code) that allows you to easily secure some TCP protocols, such as TCP and/or TELNET.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Luis Rodriguez

IBM Certified Systems Expert
eServer i5 iSeries Technical Solutions

--- On Mon, 11/10/08, midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx <midrange-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Forwarded Message: RE: How can I easily enable/disable remote access by User RE: How can I easily enable/disable remote access by UserMonday, November 10, 2008 12:54 PMFrom: "John Allen" <>To: "'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

We want to allow only secure telnet session to connect and
not allow unsecure telnet on port 23. I looked on the telnet
config and can see where you can allow secure telnet but I
don't see any place to not allow unsecure telnet. I
currently have a exit point registered where I am tracking
who is not connecting secure and could just reject the
non-secure using the exit point, or have our network group
block port 23 traffic for us or use the iSeries firewall to
block port 23. Is there another option I have not found?

At times we want to restrict certain Users from access the
System i from remote location. But while they are in the
office they can access the System i.

So I can't ask the employee to let me know when they
are
leaving the office, then go in and disable their User
Profile (they can work later then me). I would also have to
make sure I enabled it before they came in in the morning
(they may come in before me).