On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Jennifer Martin
<jamartin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks I will check out the links. The data needs to be like this:
Customer
Address
Address
Customer
Address
Address
Address
Customer
Address , etc.
and that's how I have it in the MF logical file. It has to be in csv format to upload into the other system. It won't accept any other format.

How about this ...
1- Define a single format file, with two fields .. one = customer #,
the other a big text field
2- Write a query over the customer file, outputting to the new file,
setting the customer # and formatting the big text field however
necessary.
3- Write a query over the ship-to file, outputting (without clearing)
the new file, setting the customer number and formatting the big text
file as necessary ('"'add1 || '","' || add2 || '","' etc).
4- Download that file, sorting by the customer number, but only
transferring the customer number. Or, import it into Excel and delete
the customer number column.

---------
Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx