Are you sure this is a problem, that the 520 receives a Utility Failure?
When you switch the UPS to BYPASS, you just cut power to the UPS, so it
probably signals a Utility Failure.

Steve

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express

Bob Schwartz <rschwartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
10/29/2008 02:27 PM
Please respond to

"midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
9406-520 Eaton Powerware 9330 Cable

Has anyone had any success hooking up a 9406-520 to an Eaton PowerWare
with the xSlot Relay Interface card?

We have built a cable with the pinots as described in the Eaton/IBM docs.

When we put the UPS on Bypass the 520 sees it as a Utility Failure.

Here is Eaton's page for the xSlot documentation:
http://www.powerware.com/UPS/Connectivity/Relay_Interface_info.asp

IBM document number 350941184 for the IBM side of the pin outs.

I am using a DB15 to DB9 cable from Eaton w/o the IBM convertor cable, and
have the ability to remove/insert the pins on each end of the cable as
needed.

Cable DB15 to DB9 Relay Card Cable For PowerWare UPS And AS 400 Model
9406, 25ft
Eaton/PowerWare Corp.
Item #: 5837651
Mfr. Part #: 103004349-5501