Dan

Very many thanks for this - I had looked but missed it somehow.

I will give it a try on my return as I am just about to depart.

Rov

2008/10/28 Dan Kimmel <dkimmel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Googled "iSeries WebDav" and got this hit for V5R3:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/r
zaie/rzaieconfigwebdav.htm<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/index.jsp?topic=/rzaie/rzaieconfigwebdav.htm>

Set up WebDAV for HTTP Server (powered by Apache)
This topic provides information about how to set up WebDAV for your HTTP
Server with the IBM(r) Web Administration for iSeries(tm) interface.

Important: Information for this topic supports the latest PTF levels for
HTTP Server for iSeries . It is recommended that you install the latest
PTFs to upgrade to the latest level of the HTTP Server for iSeries. Some
of the topics documented here are not available prior to this update.
See
http://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/http/services/servic
e.htm<http://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/software/http/services/service.htm> for more information.
Web-based distributed authoring and versioning (WebDAV) is a set of
extensions to the HTTP protocol that allows WebDAV clients (such as
Microsoft(r) Web Folders) to collaboratively edit and manage files on
remote Web servers. See WebDAV for HTTP Server (powered by Apache) for
more information.

To configure WebDAV on your server, do the following:

Click the Manage tab.
Click the HTTP Servers subtab.
Select your HTTP Server (powered by Apache) from the Server list.
Select Global configuration from the Server area list.
Expand Server Properties.
Click Request Processing.
Click the WebDAV tab in the form.
Specify one of the following under WebDAV lock databases:
Full path name for locking stream files: - the full path of the DAV lock
database for the Root (/) or QOpenSys streaming file system.
Library/name for locking QSYS objects: - the library and file name of
the DAV lock database for QSYS objects.
Click OK.
Select the context you want to work with from the Server area list. The
server area you select will be WebDAV enabled.
Click Request Processing.
Click the WebDAV tab in the form.
Select Enabled to Enable WebDAV.
Enter the appropriate file system under Repository provider.
Enter any WebDAV restrictions you want enabled for this server area.
Click OK.