From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 11:31 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: QBATCH stuck

What is happening now is that when I end and then start subsystem QBASE
I get QSYSOPR messages that the subsystem started, but also I get the
message that it could not attach JOBQ QBATCH or QS36EVOKE because they
are attached to another subsystem.

In any event, thanks for all of the answers but nothing has worked yet. :(

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
First, by 'sitting in qbatch' that means JOBQ qbatch. Now, that jobq may
be assigned to subsystem QBATCH, it may be assigned to subsystem QBASE or
whatever (no two active at the same time however).
So, I'll "assume" you're a "traditional" shop and not a domino shop or
something. First thing is
WRKACTJOB SBS(QBATCH). Please, for this exercise, do not do WRKSBSJOB
QBATCH.
Is the subsystem QBATCH up and running? Is the status of it something
other than END? Because, if it is END then someone is trying to end that
subsystem. If one job is REALLY FUBAR then you might need to do an
ENDJOBABN on that job before the subsystem will ever end.
While in the WRKACTJOB screen press F14=Include
Start plugging through the jobs with option 5 and then 2. Display job
definition attributes. Do you see a running job with that job queue?
DSPSBSD QBATCH
6. Job queue entries
Seq Job Max
Nbr Queue Library Active
10 QBATCH QGPL 7
Is your's 1 or something?
DSPSBSD QBATCH
Is the status ACTIVE?
WRKJOBQ QBATCH
Is the Status: RLS/SBS
If it isn't RLS then someone ran a HLDJOBQ QBATCH. If it isn't SBS then
someone ran an ENDSBS.

See also WRKJOBQ with no parameters
Queue Library Jobs Subsystem Status
QBASE QGPL 0 RLS
QBATCH QGPL 0 QBATCH RLS

Note: QBASE is normally assigned to QBASE subsystem. And you either
start subsystem QCTL and let that start QBATCH, QINTER, etc. or, if you
are a domino or other type shop, you start QBASE and forget about QINTER
and QBATCH.