Lukas,

The advantage of PHP on i is that you CAN find PHP experienced programmers,
and they can help build your application - without prior i experience.

And there is a way to change PHP to use DB2 directly. We build two different
include files - one with all the DB2 functions, and one with the MySQL
functions. It took us some design and planning, but we now have that process
built. We use the MySQL function to demo our i PHP applications offline and
running on our laptops, by switching the include file.

We deploy our (green screen) refaced and repurposed applications to our
users - all RPG and DB2. Lately, when we enhance the application for new
inquiries and basic web processes (add calendar entries, etc, in our case),
we extend with PHP. The i is the at the core of our business processes in
both cases.

Trevor