Tim,

I need to get the time of day for a zip code in my RPG program. I know there
is web service support in RPG.

Has anyone done this or can you point me in the right direction?

Here is one web service you could use:
http://www.webservicex.net/WCF/ServiceDetails.aspx?SID=35

And here is an article by Scott Klement on how to use web services from RPG:
http://systeminetwork.com/article/rpg-consuming-web-services-httpapi-and-soapui

I only know of the various offerings at www.webservicex.net because of
Scott's article. I've never used any of these myself. In the past, for
this type of thing I've populated a DB on the system from a purchased zip
code file with monthly updates. It gives much more information than what is
available on the above webservice, but if all you care about it the time
zone it may do for you. I use the standard data from
http://www.zip-codes.com/zip-code-database.asp which is only $40 per year
with monthly updates.

It not only has the time zone but whether or not that time zone uses
Daylight Saving Time, plus a bunch of other fields such as lat/long of the
"center" of the zip code (useful for simple radius searches), the primary
county name and if the zip code crosses county boundaries etc. Other
versions are available depending on how much demographics you want on the
zip code. And their redistributable licenses are also very reasonable, if
the database needs to be loaded at multiple locations.

Doug