Hi, everyone,

Can anyone explain why a program, created by CRTBNDRPG, which currently has
the User Profile attribute set to *USER, will NOT change that attribute to
*OWNER when the compile command clearly instructs it to do so?

For example, Display Program appears as follows:

Program . . . . . . . : I276200441 Library . . . . . . . :
UserLibrary
Owner . . . . . . . . : QSECOFR

Program attribute . . : RPGLE

Detail . . . . . . . . : *BASIC

Program creation information:

Program creation date/time . . . . . . . . . . : 10/03/08 11:16:08

Type of program . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : ILE

Program entry procedure module . . . . . . . . : I276200441

Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : QTEMP

Activation group attribute . . . . . . . . . . : *DFTACTGRP

Shared activation group . . . . . . . . . . . : *NO

User profile . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *USER

Use adopted authority . . . . . . . . . . . . : *YES

Coded character set identifier . . . . . . . . : 65535

Number of modules . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 1

Now, a recompile, as follows, occurs...
CRTBNDRPG UserLibrary/I276200441 srcfile(UserLibrary/qrpglesrc)
srcmbr(I276200441)
replace(*yes) dftactgrp(*no) actgrp(*caller) usrprf(*owner)
aut(*exclude) dbgview(*source)

Note the usrprf attribbute and the replace parameter.

Why would the new, replaced object RETAIN the *USER setting, after the
compile has successfully completed? (QSECOFR is doing the compile).

This can't be some security approach IBM is using because if I have the
authority to replace the object, and change the logic altogether through the
compile, surely I have the authority to indicate it should be run as *OWNER,
not *USER.

Furthermore, if I delete the program before the compile, the attribute is
set properly.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,

Thomas Garvey