What is it you have?
What is it you want?

I - Do you have:
  A - One PF, internally defined, different formats (think S/36 days).
  B - Multiple PF's
  C - Multiple PF's joined together with a Multiformat Logical file

             -unfortunately, A

II - What is it you want on the other end?
  A - One PF, however it should have
    1 - externally defined data - and still have multiple formats
    2 - One PF, but with no extra spaces on the shorter records
  B - Multiple PF's

               -A1

Instead of ftping a DB2 file, would it make more sense to convert the DB2
file into an IFS file and then send that?  And then the IFS file could
either be a CSV file, or follow EDI standards as far as element and
segment terminators and other layout items.  File might could even be an
xml file.

               -the customer wants a flat file