One other little trick with that...
Originally I had
CHGVAR VAR(&pListEntry) +
VALUE(&USPtr + &GHLOffset +
+ ((&EntryNbr - 1) * &GHLEntSize))
which it didn't like because, unlike RPGLE, CL can't handle these "unlike"
types.
So I tried this
CHGVAR VAR(%offset(&pListEntry)) +
VALUE(%offset(&USPtr) + &GHLOffset +
+ ((&EntryNbr - 1) * &GHLEntSize))
And I got a MCH3601 error "Pointer not set for location referenced.".
So I had to prefix the above CHGVAR with the following to initialize
&pListEntry in order for the %offset to not bomb.
/* Initialize pListEntry to some valid entry to allow the %offset to
work shortly */
chgvar &pListEntry &USPtr

Which ends up with
/* Initialize pListEntry to some valid entry to allow the %offset to
work shortly */
chgvar &pListEntry &USPtr
DOFOR VAR(&EntryNbr) FROM(1) TO(&GHLNbr)