sjl wrote:
Lim Hock-Chai wrote:
I've heard somebody mentioned something about *RQS message request-handler and wondering what that is. Is that something
related to QMHRTVRQ api?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the command processor
(QCMD) essentially a special type request message handler?

The QCMD as command entry is a [not so special, system-supplied UIM based] request message handler; as are QUSCMDLN, QCL, QMN??, et al.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/rbam6/rmclp.htm

The noted API QMHRTVRQ is documented [foremost] as a way to implement effectively the same as F9=Retrieve as seen on, for example, the QCMD command entry screen. That is, the "Retrieve Request Message (QMHRTVRQ) API retrieves request messages from the current job's job message queue. Only request messages (commands) that have been received are retrieved; new request messages and all other types of messages are bypassed."
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/apis/QMHRTVRQ.htm
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r4/topic/apis/mh.pdf

FWiW: I do not recall the *MENU command request processor name(s), but SE31511 documents that one [QMNWRKXX I believe; "Work with" menus.?] failed to effect Reclaim Resources [RCLRSC] after an error, which is an expected function of a request handler program; see above doc, number 7 figure\picture. The PTF is not yet on any cumulative since apparently many releases the defect existed w/out anyone noticing the side effects.
http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=nas2686cd0bd64d3036e862573d20041eea7

Regards, Chuck