You've pretty much got that last used date figured out.
A year is a pretty good idea. You know, that special year end job desc,
that sort of rot.
DSPUSRPRF to an output file and querying that for job description is an
idea. Can also be used for printer descriptions, output queues, etc.
Doing a DSPOBJD of all SBSD's to an output file and then piping that into
DSPSBSD to get AJE's, etc might not be a bad idea. Of course a reverse of
that to find AJE's in which the jobd doesn't exist may be nice. We get
that a lot when we delete an old division's set of libraries. That also
generates a message when you start the subsystem that the jobd doesn't
exist - not a hard halt message though.
There are also utilities to RTVJOBD and find out libraries that don't
exist and that sort of rot.
See Infocenter, Programming, APIs.