You might also want to post this to BPCS-L discussion list, along with info on what version of BPCS you working with.

We have some BPCS users with weird stuff happening to them, that apparently not happening to anyone else.

In the document file BPCSDOC there is a member called SSALOG00 which is the "logic manual" for BPCS. This explains, for your version of BPCS, how to locate the default controls on various ingredients of your version of BPCS, such as interactive & batch, and how they get invoked. I made a copy of the BPCS session rules, with extra logging, and assigned them to certain user profiles experiencing various problems.

I also put an option on some BPCS user menus so people could initiate extra logging without any need to go look up how. Only problem is at EOJ, the user needs to SIGNOFF *LIST instead of the default *NOLIST, and even though I have that as a menu option, teaching people to do that when there is a problem, is as hard as teaching them to put cursor on error message & F1 when there is an error message.

Is the workstation name too long for BPCS? which uses first few letters of work station name combined with 1-3 characters for unique job-id work area ... which means that if we have 2 or more people whose work station-id is identical for the first 8-9 characters, there's going to be a lot of garbage, and weird stuff happening.

The system (AS/400 iSeries Systemi or whatever the name is now)
will invoke a joblog if a batch experiences what the system thinks is an abnormal end, but if it is abnormal in BPCS terms, the system can still think it is a normal end.

If some one could possibly remind me how to force the program to generate
a joblog in any case, whether Interactive or Batch, Normal or Abnormal.

Thanks,

Ahmed Hussain
BPCS Support

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information confidential to The Clorox Company and is intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this message in error and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please delete this message and notify the sender immediately.