OK. So I am now convinced this list IS magic.....

After wrestling with this for a week or two and finally posting, I came across a post in another forum that solved my problem right after posting here. The thing to remember is that unlike the other plugin I installed to monitor my Windows servers, the nas400plugin installs on the Linux Nagios server side, NOT the System i side. It really isn't completely clear in the instructions and isn't like the Windows Nagios plugin.

Installing the plugin on the Nagios server side did the trick! Up and monitoring the System i from Nagios.

FYI.

Pete

Pete Helgren wrote:
Is anyone using Nagios to monitor their System i (iSeries) and is using the plugin that has calls to Java classes (I think there is also a Perl and a PHP version out there). I am trying to use the one called nas400plugin found at Sourceforge.

I have run into some issues and would like to compare notes on installation if anyone has done this successfully.

Pete

This thread ...