Newsgroups: midrange.midrange-l
To: <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:41 PM
Subject: Re: New HP4350n

Could this be an IPDS feature that allows the HP to emulate an IBM 3812?

smorrison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
We just purchased a new printer with a "400 emulator dim"

Can you give us any part numbers to better describe this?

Is this installed in the printer? If so, print a configuration report and
see if it shows anything under 'emulation' or 'personality' or 'identity'
modes.

Steve

Steven Morrison
Fidelity Express

"Len Grieco" <l_grieco@xxxxxxxxxx>
03/12/2008 03:54 PM
Please respond to

<MIDRANGE-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
New HP4350n

All,
We just purchased a new printer with a "400 emulator dim" - I was
told that this printer will connect to the iSeries without the "standard
I/O emulation card" Can someone point me in the right direction for
instructions/documentation on how the heck to hook this thing up. I'm
from old school where it was hard wired some way or another to the
(then) AS/400.

Any kind of direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Len Grieco
iSeries/LANSA Programmer

William S. Hein & Co., Inc.