From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Massiello
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2008 7:39 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Move some older cards to a model 820

That would be a Migration (if it's the old 720 CEC as you say) Tower, which
isn't supported in V5R4, so if you plan to go to V5R4, you will need to
remove the tower first. You can move both cards over, and since we don't
know what slots are open its hard to say where they should go. While both
these cards are old, the 2838 will work fine, but the 2729 is a very slow
card. You didn't say what tape drive you have off the 2729 card, but you
might look at a 2749 card to drive the tape (again, not knowing the tape
device, I can't say).

Pete