If you're still wondering about the whole ANZOBJCVN thing and worried
about whether it's worth the time and trouble, you can read my article
on upgrading to V6R1. I found it enlightening, to say the least.
Getting the PTF and running the program was a piece of cake, but I have
to admit I was surprised to find that my code actually did NOT pass
inspection on first blush. I had some old utility modules that have
been hanging around since the dawn of time, and they never got
recompiled. When they got included in a program and the observability
was removed, blammo! Untranslatable object.
However, it was merely a matter of recompile and rebind, so not a big
deal. At the same time, I did see that there are a variety of potential
gotchas in V6R1 that you might want to take a look at. Depending on how
you write your applications, there are a lot of pitfalls looming in the
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2019 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact