I think it must be installed from media... I know that for OS/400 V5R1, Java 1.4 was option 6.

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of David Gibbs
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 6:26 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Upgrade Java 1.3 to 1.4 on V5R2

Albert York wrote:
I need to upgrade Java from 1.3 to 1.4 on a V5R2 system. Somebody
responded yesterday that it is a PTF but I can't find it. Does
anybody know which PTF it is?

IIRC, V5R2 has java 1.4 included by default.

FWIW: You don't "upgrade" from java 1.3 to java 1.4 ... you can,
however, have both java 1.3 and 1.4 installed at the same time.

david

This thread ...