Sorry I did not intend to make it sound like a DDMF was an approach. In fact I meant to dissuade attempting that; both with a changed ALIAS and with a new DDMFile, because I would not expect either to work. I meant mostly to explain more about the ALIAS -- thus the Subject line addendum. Besides, any /tricks/ like that should not be required. I expected someone else would provide a functional example of DDS for the attempted Join Logical database file. As such I did not even address the concern with making the DDS JLF compile; Simon has.

As Eric stated, an SQL VIEW is what should be created, if using SQL access.

Regards, Chuck

This thread ...