As another longtime system i shop in Chicagoland, they have our support too. Which brings up the question, how about a wikipedia entry for iSeries shops that make or sell consumer goods?
If so, I'd like to add ECHO OUTDOOR POWER EQUIPMENT which manufactures the equipment in Lake Zurich, Illinois...

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 6:21 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: *** ADMIN: Scheduled downtime this weekend ... new UPS

I have 3 Tripplite power strips in the computer room (the 5' long jobs
with about 20 outlets). A couple of years ago 1 of them started acting
funny, the little red LED began blinking like a strobe. I called
Tripplite to see what I should do. Their immediate response was that
the LED itself was the problem, not anything electrical in the outlets.
They overnighted a replacement, no questions asked. I took the old
one home and put it in my workshop.

They definitely have my support.

Winchester Terry wrote:
Thanks for sharing the info regarding Tripplite! I'm
currently looking for a new UPS at home...it will be
a Tripplite unit :)

Terry